Codename Summit Woods
- Bugfix Snowtrack failed to revert to an older version on some Windows machines
- Bugfix Fixed a crash when generating a preview on Windows
- Thumbnail Support - New Thumbnail support for DDS files
- New application logo
- Create Version The old "Save" button is now labeled as "Create Version"
- Dialogs Overhaul of the Create Project.. dialog
Performance: I/O performance on NAS servers up to 1.5 times
Cloud Services: Improvements for projects that are stored on Adobe Cloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
Tracks New colors for tracks
Thumbnail Support - New Thumbnail support for files of the following apps:
- Adobe XD
- Corel Painter
Compatibility - Compatibility with standalone plugins for Cinema 4D and Blender
Bugfix Fixed an issue with Dropbox on MacOS
Bugfix Fixed an issue when exporting a project
New Icon - New icon for the
Create...menu item in the left side panel
Thumbnail Support - New Thumbnail support for the following file types:
- Project Filter - Added a project filter to the left side panel
- Last modified - Modification info added to the project list
- Colorized Notifications - In-app notifications are now colorized depending on their type (info, warning, error)
- Drag-and-drop - Thumbnails now support drag-and-drop
Cloud Engine - Core update to prepare Snowtrack for future cloud storage support*
* Cloud storage will be an optional service. You will be able to use Snowtrack local-only if you wish to do so.
Version 0.8.93 (Hotfix)
It is highly recommended to install this update.
- Fix crash - Fixed a crash of Snowtrack when saving a version.
- Application Freeze - Fixed a UI freeze that occurs when a file is deleted from the working directory.
- Version Info - Versions show information which files were added, modified or deleted.
- Context Menu in Sidebar - Open the context-menu with a right-click.
- Tooltips - Versions and files now show a tooltip.
- Application font - Snowtrack received a new smoother font.
- *.snowproj don't unpack on start - Snowtrack might not unpack a
*.snowprojfile on double-click.
- Other - Several minor speed and UI/UX improvements.
- Linux Support - Snowtrack is now available for Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora and Debian
- Export Button - Entire projects or individual tracks can now be exported and shared with other users
Opening project - Opening a demo project could fail with a cryptic error message
Sidebar - Sidebar had no scrollbar
Manage Projects - Manage projects list was empty if a single project could not be accessed
Tooltip - Tooltip with absolute path on mouse hover over project**
Thumbnails I - New thumbnail support for Autodesk 3DS Max, Autodesk Maya and Character Creator
Thumbnails II - If available and of better quality, thumbnails from the Windows Explorer are displayed
Modal Dialogs - Updated button scheme for modal dialogs
Performance - Restoring an older version is up to 10 times faster
|Super slow before||Now super fast|
Codename Le Plateau
- Open Public Beta
- File handling - Fixed an issue where Snowtrack failed to load a directory while it is being deleted.
- System Requirements - Snowtrack failed to operate on a new Windows installation.
- Updates - Implemented an auto-updater which makes it easier to stay up-to-date.
- Performance - Discarding changes is up to 10x times faster.
- Stability - Prevent errors that prevent Snowtrack from operating.
- Manage Projects - A globe icon indicates if the versions of a project are stored in the version database.
A new Pixelmator project got added to the Demo Project section in the welcome screen. The artwork was created by Chris Hall Draws.
Instagram | instagram.com/chrishalldraws Website | chrishalldraws.com
- Manage Projects - Manage projects now includes projects from the Recent Projects list
- Unsaved changes - Improved detection heuristics for text files
- Performance - Restoring an older item is significantly faster
- Application Support - Enhanced minor bugfixes for Corel Draw and Pixelmator files
- Sidebar - Items can now be removed from the Recent Project list
- Change detection - Improved change detection in Snowtrack UI by around 15% on MacOS and Windows
- Unsaved Changes - Snowtrack displayed unsaved changes after a failed Save.
- Application Info - Snowtrack can now display application names that prevent a discard operation.
- MacOS Thumbnails - Thumbnails on MacOS may fail to load
- Performance - Improve performance on Windows
- Restore Item - Restoring an item didn't give proper feedback on failure.
- Links - Fix links to the documentation
- Other - Fix typos
- Ignore Files - Files beginning with
Backup_of..*are now excluded by default
- ZBrush Support - ZBrush Thumbnails can now be loaded on Windows
- Cinema 4D Thumbnail - Fixed an issue with the aspect ratio of Cinema 4D files.
- Loading projects - Fixed an issue where a project loaded forever.
- Show Next Version - Fixed an issue with the Show Next Version button.
- Delete versions - Fixed an issue where versions couldn't be deleted.
- Localization - Fixed several typos
Breadcrumbs - Fixed an issue with the breadcrumb bar that prevented loading projects
Only move files to trash when needed - Items are moved only to trash if they don't have a shadow copy in the version database, otherwise they will be deleted.
Navigation - Fixed an issue with mouse button navigation
- Timestamps in versions - Better heuristic when to display "X minutes ago" and the full date.
- Performance Saving - Creating a new version with files >4GB is 15% faster than before.
- Menus - Added Changelog and Discord item to the menu
- macOS 10.13 Support - The minimum requirement for Snowtrack was lowered to macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Download Progress - Downloading demo projects continues while switchting to another page.
- Manage Projects - Paginator removed from the Manage Projects view.
- Not all files are restored on Windows - In some cases restoring an item didn't update the file in the working directory.
- Notifications - Notifications within the app are covered by the loading screen.
- All binaries are now code-signed - Snowtrack contains a few helper tools of which all are now code-signed on Windows and macOS.
- Upgraded to SnowFS v0.9.2 - All latest changes are now merged into Snowtrack
Snowtrack now comes with 2 new demo projects, one for Blender, and another for Affinity Photo. They can both be downloaded through the Welcome Screen within Snowtrack.
- Tracks - Tracks are now visualized by a graph instead of a combo-box.
- Performance impact when items are ignored - Adding a file to the
- Creating version while Windows is still copying files - Snowtrack didn't always detect write access by the Windows File Explorer
- Additional mouse support buttons - Navigation buttons on your mouse can now be used within Snowtrack.
- Keep file suffixes in version database - Files in the object database will now keep there suffix to raise transparency.
Snowtrack is heavily optimized to load projects with several thousand files. Loading or scrolling just became super smooth.
- Fix file access collisions - Handle situation when SnowFS and an external process access the same file
- Errors while creating a new version - Undefined behaviour when a project item is deleted while a version is created
- High memory consumption when saving - Saving a lot of files causes Snowtrack to consume several hundred MB of memory
- Stall of creating new version - On some machines Snowtrack doesn't return to its UI
- Discarding changes doesn't clean up empty directories - When a change is discarded, empty directories might be left behind.
- OS Thumbnails - Native thumbnails from Windows and macOS are used.
Added thumbnail support for ZBrush.
This is the end of the public changelog.